Home Accessibility Modification Services
- Free In-Home Consultation
- Home Accessibility Report
- Universal Design Solutions
- Kitchen and Bath Design
- Product and Material Selection
- Space Planning and Furniture Arrangement
Click Here to view PDF checklist of Home Modifications and Interior Design Services.
As your Certified Aging in Place (CAPS) Home Modification specialist, Trusted Transitions NW will assist you in identifying solutions to create a functional, attractive, safe, and comfortable, living environment. With the choice to ‘Aging in Place’ it’s important to plan ahead and consider the challenges you’re likely to face as you age. You may all ready be aware of a chronic, or progressive health condition that is keeping you from performing an activity of daily living or leisure activity.
The home accessibility modification process includes evaluating needs, identifying and implementing solutions, training and evaluating outcomes. Recommendations are customized to the user and include durable medical equipment (DME), universally designed, hi or low tech equipment, hardware controls, new finishes, or furnishings. The solutions will assist you in maintaining your independence and allow you to stay in your home. Well planned structural changes made to your living environment performed today will provide a sense of security, will prevent impulsive, stressful decision making and, are likely to improve the resale value of your home, therefore securing your valuable resources.
Floor Plan Revision | View Larger Image
Implementing 5’0 turning, 3’0 door and pathways
Trusted Transitions NW follows the principles of Universal Design by:
- Suggesting useful ideas for people of diverse abilities
- Providing solutions that accommodate a wide range of individual preferences
- Making solutions simple and easily understood for users
- Assuring the design provides perceptive, necessary and effective information
- Suggesting products and solutions that minimize hazards and have tolerance for error
- Suggesting designs solutions that require least amount of physical effort
- Making appropriate size and space suggestions for optimal approach and use
Home Modifications for Accessibility incorporate many of these same principles; however it doesn’t carry the same implications for future marketability. In these situations, the focus is primarily for the individual client and their ability to access their environment. The adapted features may not apply, or appeal to anyone else. Accessible Design complies with regulations and minimum standards with a goal of meeting the client with disabilities’ individual needs.